Prep Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Ahi tuna fillet (16 ounces)
- Low sodium soy sauce (½ cup)
- Sesame seed oil 100% pure (¼ cup)
- Fresh ginger, grounded (1 teaspoon)
- Macadamia nuts, crushed (½ cup)
- Red onions, diced ½ inch (1 cup)
- Green onions, diced ½ inch (1 cup)
- Brown sugar (2 tablespoons)
- White sesame seeds, roasted (1 tablespoon)
- Black sesame seeds (1 tablespoon)
- Coarse black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Red pepper flakes (1 teaspoon)
Cut the tuna into 1 inch squares. In a small bowl, add the tuna, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red onions, green onions, brown sugar, sesame seeds, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, then mix well.
For best results, put the bowl of Poke back into the refrigerator and leave it for 2 hours before serving.